Instant Pot® Chicken Tagine with Butternut Squash and Spinach
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 297
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir 2 tablespoons oil, 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper together in a small bowl to form a paste. Toss 1 tablespoon paste with chicken in a medium bowl.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat remaining oil until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add onion and 1 teaspoon kosher salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in remaining spice paste, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in water, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon. Add butternut squash, tomatoes with their juices, and chicken; stir to combine, then distribute mixture in an even layer. Close and lock the lid and move the pressure valve to sealing. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir spinach into the pot and cover without locking the lid into place. Let stand until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and zest; taste, and season with salt and pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 297 calories; 17.4 13.3 21.5 70 1343 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1