Chunky Monkey Cupcakes
"Banana, walnut, and chocolate are always an amazing combination of ingredients, no matter what the delivery system, but it really doesn't get any better than in this ganache-frosted cupcake. A close second would be a chocolate-dipped frozen banana, rolled in walnuts, which is also a great treat, although much more awkward to eat in public. Feel free to omit the frosting and just enjoy these as muffins."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 530
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cupcakes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Watch Now
- Mash bananas with milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Watch Now
- Mix butter and sugar together with a spatula until creamy. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, then whisk in the banana mixture. Add walnuts, chocolate, and the flour mixture. Mix batter with a spatula until no dry spots remain. Watch Now
- Fill muffin cups to the top with batter, then distribute excess batter as needed. Tap pan against the counter to expel any air bubbles. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes. Watch Now
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes, then whisk, increasing speed gradually, until color is uniform. Spread ganache over the cooled cupcakes and garnish with banana chips. Refrigerate to firm up the frosting, if desired. Watch Now
You might also like
Per Serving: 530 calories; 31.4 61.7 7 79 387 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2