Chicken and Apple Stuffing Casserole
"Is it a sweet and savory bread pudding? Or, is it a casserole? Perhaps it is a chicken and stuffing skillet--you decide. At any rate, this dish only needs a 12-inch nonstick, oven-proof skillet, a spoon, a knife, a cutting board, a whisk, and some measuring cups. It comes together fairly quickly, too!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 718
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk together half-and-half, egg, and sage in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and then stir in stuffing mix. Add chopped apples, dried cherries, and 1/4 cup chopped pecans, then remove from heat. Stir in half-and-half mixture and gently even out the contents of the skillet.
- Season chicken cutlets with paprika, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place on top of the stuffing mixture and press down into the skillet contents until the tops of the chicken are even with the other ingredients. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chopped pecans over the top and lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.
- Place skillet in the preheated oven and bake until chicken juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve warm.
You might also like
Per Serving: 718 calories; 28.8 89 27.4 111 2132 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a GREAT delicious recipe!! The only changes I made was that I used milk instead of half-n-half and homemade poultry seasoning on the chicken instead of the paprika and rosemary. Thank...