3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 393
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3 or 4 times to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, 20 to 25 times. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips, making sure they are well coated with the dry ingredients.
- Mix together 1/2 cup heavy cream, egg, and 1 tablespoon cherry syrup together with a fork in a small bowl until well combined. Stir into flour mixture and mix just until slightly moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Gather dough in a circle using floured hands, kneading only slightly to incorporate any remaining dry ingredients. Flatten dough into a 9-inch round disc; cut disc into 8 triangles. Transfer scones using a bench scraper onto the prepared baking sheets (4 scones per baking sheet). Brush scones with 1 tablespoon heavy cream.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, 20 to 23 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Snip one corner off of the bag with a pair of scissors, and drizzle glaze on cooled scones.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you can't find Amarena cherries, you can use Maraschino cherries in their place.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 20.3 49.6 4.8 77 333 Full nutrition