Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 525
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Heat 7 teaspoons oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions, chile peppers, cumin seeds, and bay leaves. Stir until beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste; cook, stirring well to make sure it completely dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover and cook until onions and chiles soften, about 2 minutes more.
- Add garam masala, chile powder, coriander, and turmeric. Cook and stir until mixture is the texture of gravy and oil separates, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Cover the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until reduced, 3 to 4 minutes more. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and season with salt. Cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Stir in curry mixture until well combined. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in water; stir for 30 seconds. Season with salt. Cover and cook over medium heat until chicken thighs are no longer pink in the centers and curry thickens, about 15 minutes more. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes more. Garnish with cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can add more water according to your preferred curry thickness.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 30.2 25.4 38.2 127 203 Full nutrition