Double Chocolate-Cherry Scones
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These are so decadent tasting, but surprisingly have very little chocolate! The bonus they cook rather quick! I use black onyx cocoa powder from the Savory Spice Shop®- it allows for a much deeper, darker, and richer chocolate taste that regular Dutch processed cocoa powder just doesn't have."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 267
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir cream mixture into flour mixture with a spatula until there are large clumps. Mix in cherry pie filling. Press the dough gently and lightly into a ball, being careful not to overmix.
- Place dough onto a large cutting board and press into a disc that is approximately 1-inch thick and 10 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Rotate the baking sheet and bake until the scones have a crispy crust with a light, moist interior and the edges look dry, about 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and cool for 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 267 calories; 8.6 44.6 3.9 25 252 Full nutrition