"Cooler weather has arrived, and as always, my mind wanders to fall produce with apples at the top of the list. These tender, lightly sweetened, moist muffins taste like carrot cake, spice cake, and apple cake combined. These muffins freeze well and can be quickly reheated in the microwave on a low temperature for a quick breakfast."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 181
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract in a second bowl. Fold flour mixture into yogurt mixture, mixing just until combined and flour disappears. Stir together apple, carrot, and walnuts in a separate bowl; gently fold into the batter. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until golden brown or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 19 minutes.
- Cool muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you're using a soft, juicy apple, you may find shredding works better than grating.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 7.6 23.7 5 17 191 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Much more time intensive than the 20 min suggested. Didn't have much flavor. Not worth the effort in my opinion.