0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This was always a favorite of mine while growing up. Loved to go to Grandma's when she was making this meatball dish. Never thought to get the recipe before she passed away. Lucky for me, while visiting my dad, I asked him about it, and he had me make them. Tasted just like I remembered. Add my cucumbers and sour cream recipe (also from Grandma), some mashed potatoes and string beans or corn on the side, and you have a great meal."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 274
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine beef, chopped onion, eggs, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Form mixture into meatballs slightly larger than a golf ball.
- Spread flour onto a plate and dredge meatballs in flour to lightly coat, shaking off excess.
- Heat butter and oil in a large Dutch oven or deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add meatballs in batches and brown evenly, about 5 minutes per batch. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion slices to to the pot and brown lightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Return meatballs to the pot and add water to partially cover. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, adding more water if necessary.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If simmering mixture is too watery, add 1 to 2 beef bouillon cubes. For a thicker sauce, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add to gravy, bringing to a boil.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 17.3 7.1 21.3 111 106 Full nutrition