Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 712
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 8-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans or line with parchment paper.
- Place chopped white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cream sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add 4 egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract and melted chocolate.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Blend into butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff; fold into batter. Pour batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each layer comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Combine melted white chocolate, confectioners' sugar, hot water, butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl; beat into a smooth icing using an electric mixer.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate. Cover with some frosting and another cake layer. Repeat once more. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining icing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 712 calories; 31 103.1 7.5 154 436 Full nutrition