Baked Apple Doughnuts
Ingredients35 m servings 211
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12-cavity mini doughnut pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix together with a fork until combined. Add shortening and mix with the fork until broken up into small clumps.
- Mix together apples, milk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Spoon batter into the prepared doughnut pans.
- Bake doughnuts in the preheated oven until slightly browned on the bottoms, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While doughnuts are cooling, place melted butter for topping in a shallow bowl. Mix together 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip cooled doughnuts in butter and then in sugar mixture to coat.
- Cook's Note:
- To make muffins, spoon batter into greased muffin pans and bake at 350 degrees until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 211 calories; 8.9 30.9 2.6 26 177 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
These are so lovely! I had to leave them in the oven 20 minutes instead of ten and used almond milk instead of regular milk but they came out great! They’re not too sugary but the perfect fall t...
I just sprinkled some sugar on top instead of doing the glaze. I used Splenda and partial whole wheat flour. I think they turned out good, but my fiancée said they weren't sweet enough.
These we everything I hoped they would be. The bake time was longer 15 minutes for me, as others have stated. I’m guessing the size doughnut pan you use makes a difference. I used solid unrefin...
These were amazing donuts! They were soft, sugary, and delicious. I definitely recommend making these! I am going to make these donuts again and again!