Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 459
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 doughnuts)
- Heat about 1 quart oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, eggs, and 2 tablespoons oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour milk, vinegar, and baking soda into a liquid measuring cup; milk will become foamy. Add to sugar mixture; mix well. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into the hot oil until golden, about 1 minute per side, working in batches. Drain doughnuts on paper towels.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Make sure to use a heaping teaspoon of baking soda.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 459 calories; 43.5 16.8 1.9 16 199 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1