Baked Chocolate-Coffee Donuts
"After tons of trial and error, I have finally created a baked donut that isn't compromised in flavor or texture. I hope these chocolate-coffee donuts become a sweet staple to your home as they have mine! Add your favorite glaze or powdered sugar, or enjoy without anything else - they're that good!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 229
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 donuts)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 6-cavity donut pan with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk brown sugar, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk, coffee, egg, 1 tablespoon butter, and vanilla extract together in another bowl. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; whisk until blended and smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a large, resealable plastic bag, cut 1 corner, and squeeze batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until donuts spring back when lightly pressed, about 8 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes; turn pan over directly onto rack to release donuts. Allow to cool for 5 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 229 calories; 6.3 41.3 4.8 38 117 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1