Rosemary-Roasted Chicken with Apples and Potatoes
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 404
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray the top and bottom parts of a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add onion slices. Sprinkle onions with 1 teaspoon salt and saute for 2 minutes. Add sugar and continue cooking until onions are translucent but not browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer apples, potatoes, and sauteed onion slices in the bottom part of the broiler pan. Cover with the part top of the broiler pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken thighs. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper. Rub olive oil and spices thoroughly all over each thigh and place on the top part of the broiler pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 1 hour. Serve apples, potatoes, and onion alongside chicken thighs.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 20.5 34.8 21.3 81 486 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I made this pretty much as directed. I used 4 thighs, one apple, one onion, and one large potato. (I cook for two.) Next time I will use two apples. I also used brown sugar, instead of white. I ...
I tried this fall recipe on the first major snow fall of the year. We all loved it. The chicken had a lovely flavour of rosemary with a hint of the apple cooking below it. It was as good or b...
Great flavor! Instead of roasting, we did the potatoes, onions and apples in a skillet. Grilled the chicken and then combined!
It was excellent; however, it was more than my husband and I could in in 3 meals. Next time I will 1/2 the portions.
A delicious recipe. The combination of potatoes, onions and apples was fabulous. I followed the recipe except baked it in a covered roasting pan instead of on a broiler. Simple and scrumptuous!