Apple Crumble with Halva Topping
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"Plain sesame halva makes a delicious topping for fruit crumbles or crisps. There is no need for any additional sugar or butter since halva is already sweet and contains fat. The topping will be soft after baking but gets nicely crunchy as it cools so it's best served after cooling. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 254
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix together apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Evenly spread fruit in the prepared baking dish.
- Mix halva, oats, flour, and salt to a crumbly consistency. Sprinkle over the fruit and cover with aluminum foil to prevent top from browning too quickly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and well browned, about 45 minutes. Let cool to allow the topping to harden.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use a variety of fresh fruit for this crumble--apple, pear, peach, apricots, or plums work great.
Per Serving: 254 calories; 6.9 46.4 5.6 0 84 Full nutrition