Grandpa's Easy Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I received this recipe at my wedding shower, and made it for the first time this year. I was shocked at how perfect they came out--like something you would buy in a bakery. I didn't even realize they were vegan until after I made them. Now if only my decorations were quite as professional-looking ..."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 156
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 cookies)
- Combine molasses, brown sugar, and shortening in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add cold water and blend until smooth. (Shortening may separate a bit; this is fine.)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture to molasses mixture, blending until incorporated and dough is soft. Shape dough into 2 balls and place in the refrigerator until chilled, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Working in batches, place one ball of chilled dough on a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/4-inch thickness, or 1/2-inch thickness for softer cookies. Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutters and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until edges are firm, 12 to 13 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack immediately after baking to cool. Allow to cool completely if frosting.
You might also like
Per Serving: 156 calories; 2.1 32.3 2.2 1 142 Full nutrition