High-Protein Nutty Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"When nothing else in the house will make up a good snack or meal this can be vegetarian, quick, very filling, and delicious. We are always looking for high protein and fast-to-make meals and this one is our current favorite. We always have some pasta around ... what's not to love? Serve hot or cold topped with your favorite salad dressing, and additional sunflower seeds, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 347
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add olive oil and quinoa pasta. Boil until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, 13 to 15 minutes. Drain pasta.
- Toss together tofu, feta cheese, Parmesan-Romano cheese, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, pimentos, and parsley in a large salad bowl. Add hot pasta and butter and toss together until butter is melted.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Any high-protein pasta can be used in place of quinoa pasta.
- Walnuts can be used in place of pecans, and any crumbled cheese (Gorgonzola or blue cheese) can be substituted for feta.
- Yogurt margarine can be used in place of butter, if desired. Any cooked meat or leftover veggies can go into this basic recipe. cup cooked meat/poultry or tofu - chopped into bite sized pieces
Per Serving: 347 calories; 13.6 45.4 10.8 14 147 Full nutrition