Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 380
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Place lentils, carrots, and celery into the pot, reduce heat to low, and let simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups of salted vegetable water. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, mix, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook fettuccine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic in the hot oil until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add diced tomatoes and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in reserved salted vegetable water, mix, and add lentil mixture. Season sauce with kosher salt. Drain pasta.
- Divide pasta among plates, top with sauce, and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use spaghetti or shell pasta instead of fettuccine, if desired.
- You can use garlic or fire-roasted diced tomatoes instead of plain, if preferred.
Per Serving: 380 calories; 8.7 64.1 12.9 0 156 Full nutrition