Whole Wheat Crackers
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 11
Original recipe yields 166 servings (166 crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine flour and 1 teaspoon kosher salt in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix, adding oil to coat flour and slowly adding water until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Roll out dough using a pasta machine or a lightly floured rolling pin in small batches until dough is very thin; about 1/16- to 1/8-inch thick.
- Lay dough on an ungreased baking sheet and score using a knife, making sure not to cut all the way through. Use a cookie cutter to make crackers in the shape or size that you prefer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crackers are just browning on edges and centers are dry, about 15 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes before placing in a storage container.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Add anything you like to make these crackers uniquely yours. Just be aware, that while adding other spices or herbs to the base, you may need to increase the water slightly, a teaspoon at a time, to keep the dough from being too dry. If the dough is too dry, it won't roll out properly.
- This recipe was originally made using a round fluted cutter and yielded 166 crackers. Yield may vary depending on thickness and size of crackers.
Per Serving: 11 calories; 0.5 1.4 0.3 0 12 Full nutrition