Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 472
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Bring water and stock to a boil in a medium pot over high heat. Add kale; reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, until kale is tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil to coat. Increase heat to medium-high. Add beef and stir quickly to crumble. Add onion and celery; continue to cook and stir until meat is browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.
- Stir diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning into the meat mixture over medium heat until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes. Add milk, salt, and pepper; stir until blended. Stir in cooked kale. Remove from heat and serve over tossed linguine.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you want to avoid canned tomatoes, dice 2 to 3 fresh Roma tomatoes (best if par-boiled and skinned, but okay to use them raw) and add to Step 4. Add 1 teaspoon diced pickled jalapeno peppers, if desired.
- You can use turkey stock instead of beef, and ground turkey instead of beef, if desired.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 19.7 45 30.7 77 702 Full nutrition