Baked Penne with Kale and Zucchini
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 455
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic in the hot oil for 4 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add kale and zucchini and saute mixture for about 10 minutes. Pour in juice from canned tomatoes and pasta sauce. Stir in Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer over low heat until kale is wilted and zucchini is transparent, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir diced tomatoes into the pan. Pour mixture into the cooked pasta and and stir well. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese on top and cover with remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle on remaining mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 large zucchini instead of 2 small, just be sure to halve and quarter it instead.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 20.1 39.2 31.3 75 769 Full nutrition