0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 91
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 skewers)
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, water, brown sugar, and green onion in a saucepan. Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until sauce has reduced slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, thread chicken skin onto skewers lengthwise; skin should be slightly bunched up, but not too taut. Sprinkle skewers with salt.
- Cook skewers on the preheated grill until nicely browned and crispy but not until fat has completely rendered, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook until other side is crispy, about 5 minutes more.
- Blot each yakitori lightly with a paper towel before serving. Serve with cooled tare sauce on the side.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For reference, each strip of chicken skin should weigh about 1 ounce each.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 6.5 2.5 3.6 13 324 Full nutrition