Bjarne's Norwegian Meatballs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 350
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a jelly roll pan.
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, ginger, salt, nutmeg, garlic, and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Let stand until bread crumbs absorb milk, about 5 minutes. Stir until just mixed and add ground beef. Mix until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs and place on the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 18 minutes. Set meatballs aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Slowly add broth; cook and stir gravy until smooth and thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Blend in cream, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Gently stir cooked meatballs into gravy and heat through, but do not boil, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make your own bread crumbs by using 7 slices of white bread with the crusts removed.
- You can use margarine in place of butter.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 22.2 10.3 26.1 132 1004 Full nutrition