8 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 269
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pound chicken breasts with a tenderizer to an even thickness and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Place flour in a large plastic resealable bag. Add chicken breasts one at a time and shake to coat with flour. Remove from the bag, shake off excess flour, and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving about 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add butter to the reserved bacon fat and cook over medium heat until melted. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center and a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the breasts. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add apple, onion, and garlic to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in chicken broth, apple cider, rosemary, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer until apple and onion are tender, about 4 minutes. Remove apple and onion to a plate and keep warm. Leave pan juices in the skillet.
- Bring pan juices to a boil and cook until slightly reduced and flavor has intensified, about 3 minutes. Return chicken, apple, and onion to the skillet, and reheat briefly until warm. Serve garnished with the pan sauce and crisp bacon.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If apple cider is not available, substitute apple juice.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 8.8 17.8 28.4 83 676 Full nutrition