Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 479
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 8x8-inch lasagna)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Add ground beef to a skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir beef over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled, about 10 minutes. Remove to a strainer and set aside. Pour oil into the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Return beef to the skillet. Pour in marinara sauce, mix to combine, and turn off the heat.
- Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg together in a bowl. Place the meat mixture in an 8x8-inch oven-safe casserole dish. Spread the cheese mixture over the meat and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until casserole is golden brown and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use a good quality marinara sauce, either homemade or no-sugar-added store-bought sauce.
Per Serving: 479 calories; 30.1 11.7 38.9 157 1179 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was superb. My husband doesn’t like lasagna and I had him try this. He loves it! This is a recipe worth cooking many times.