Ground Turkey Meatloaf with a Kick
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 290
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 meatloaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together ground turkey, milk, eggs, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, carrot, onion, chives, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, mustard powder, black pepper, and sage in a large bowl.
- Place 5 slices bread in the bowl of a food processor; pulse for a few seconds at a time until bread is ground into crumbs. Add bread crumbs to turkey mixture. Rake a fork across the surface of the mixture. When the surface barely retains the fork impression, the consistency is correct. Add more bread crumbs if mixture is too moist; add more milk if mixture is too dry.
- Form turkey mixture into a loaf shape and place in a large cast-iron skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Unsweetened cashew milk can be used in place of skim milk, if preferred.
- For mild taste preferences, substitute green bell pepper for the hot peppers.
Per Serving: 290 calories; 13.3 13.3 29.7 167 816 Full nutrition