Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 511
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 meatloaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Heat remaining bacon grease over medium-high heat. Saute celery in hot grease until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, eggs, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, onion powder, and sauteed celery in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Crumble beef and pork into egg mixture and mix together using your hands, making sure not to overmix. Form into a loaf and place into the prepared loaf pan. Place the bacon slices along the top of the loaf long-ways.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, combine ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard, and Worcestershire for glaze in a small bowl; mix well.
- Remove loaf from the oven and drain any fat bubbling around edges and on top. Return to the oven and continue to bake for 25 minutes more. Remove once more, drain fat again, and spoon or brush glaze mixture evenly over the top. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Return loaf to the preheated oven and continue to bake until no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can add salt to the meat if you want, but pork is naturally salty and it gets a little overpowering in my opinion if you add too much salt. I would recommend only using salt if you make this with all beef, and in that case, about 1 1/2 teaspoons works well.
- You can add any vegetable - common ones are celery, onion, and carrots.
Per Serving: 511 calories; 28 26.3 36.7 201 612 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1