Maple Syrup Breakfast Dumplings
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 67
Original recipe yields 50 servings (50 dumplings)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl lined with paper towels to drain some of the grease.
- Beat eggs, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spray another large skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into the skillet; cook and stir until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
- Mix sausage, scrambled eggs, and bacon bits together in a large bowl, crumbling any large chunks. Mix in maple syrup.
- Pour water into a small bowl. Wet edges of the dumpling wrappers using your fingers dipped in the water. Place about 1 teaspoon filling into the middle of each wrapper; fold in 1/2 to make dumpling shapes. Press edges to seal and pinch so they won't open while cooking.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add dumplings, cover, and steam until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can alternatively fry the dumplings in a skillet coated with 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until golden, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Overstuffing dumplings is one of the main problems people have with wrapping dumplings. If it's stuffed too full and you can't close it properly, it'll just open up while cooking.
Per Serving: 67 calories; 2.9 6.9 3.3 29 217 Full nutrition