Savory, Zesty Cream of Potato Soup
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 458
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pot over medium-low heat. Add celery and onion and cook until soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to the pot. Pour in chicken broth; add chorizo, carrots, and celery salt. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until carrots are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup heavy cream; pour 1 1/2 cups into the soup. Continue cooking until flavors combine, about 10 minutes. Warm reserved cream slightly and whisk in flour; slowly pour into the soup. Simmer until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If your chorizo is especially red when cooked from the paprika, you can rinse it a bit after you brown it. Rinsing will take away some of the flavor, so don't overdo it.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 36.7 21.9 10.9 109 1070 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was awesome soup! I started making chicken and spinach soup in the crockpot, but then saw your recipe and decided to make this as the base instead of my version. I added rotel tomatoe...