Sarah's Mini Chicken Pot Pies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 300
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 mini pies)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat; add onion to the hot oil and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add peas, mushrooms, and carrots, followed by chicken broth. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and mixture thickens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Whisk flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Work butter into the mixture using your fingers, working quickly to prevent melting, until thoroughly mixed. Scoop mixture into a volcano-shaped cone with a well in the top. Pour in buttermilk. Bring dough together using a fork, trying to moisten all flour bits, until moist and shaggy.
- Take a ball of batter and smooth into one of the prepared muffin cups. Fill with chicken mixture. Repeat until all muffin cups are filled. Cover each with a rolled layer of dough, sealing sides to prevent filling from spilling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Continue to bake until crust is light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes more. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 300 calories; 17.8 22.9 11.9 63 312 Full nutrition