Indian Chicken Saag
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 530
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Drizzle chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon garam masala, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until nicely browned and only slightly pink in the centers, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a separate pan over medium heat. Add spinach and season with salt; cook, covered, until spinach is wilted, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat butter in the same skillet used for chicken over medium-high heat. Saute onion with salt in the hot pan until softened, stirring to pick up crust left by chicken, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, chile peppers, and ginger, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, adding olive oil if necessary. Add curry leaves, cardamom pods, mustard seed, and turmeric; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste and continue to cook, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, honey, and sauteed spinach; reduce heat to low.
- Blend sauce mixture in the skillet using an immersion blender until smooth. Continue to let simmer, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in paneer and heavy cream. Serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have an immersion blender, you may pour the sauce mixture into an electric blender and pour back into the pan in batches for the final simmer. If you don't own a blender, consider chopping the sauteed spinach thoroughly before adding to the sauce mixture to simmer.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 32 18.3 43.2 141 875 Full nutrition