Beef Bone Broth
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients13 h 10 m servings 18
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place beef bones on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast bones in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, turning over at the halfway point.
- Carefully place bones into a large stockpot and pour in any juices that have collected on the baking sheet. Add celery, onion, leek, and garlic to the stockpot, and add just enough water to completely cover the bones. Stir in bay leaves, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Bring broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a very low simmer and cover, venting the lid a bit. Simmer for 12 hours, occasionally skimming off any foam and "gunk" that rises to the top. Add additional water whenever bones and vegetables are no longer covered.
- Remove the pot from the heat and cool broth to room temperature. Strain broth with a fine-mesh strainer into a clean pot. Discard bones and vegetables.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use a mix of bones, such as oxtail or short ribs, because these are marrow bones or bones that may have some meat on them.
Per Serving: 18 calories; 0.1 4.1 0.6 0 205 Full nutrition