Grilled Bay Scallops
2 made it | 0 reviews |
"Growing up in Florida, our family would take our boat out in Tampa Bay and gather scallops. When we returned home, my father would grill them with butter. I think this is the best way to enjoy bay scallops because grilling really brings out their sweet flavor. Serve with extra butter and a lemon wedge."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 193
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Place scallops in a large bowl and toss with butter mixture. Let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Remove scallops from butter mixture, reserving excess in the bowl. Cook scallops on the preheated grill using a wire grill basket until golden, tossing occasionally for even cooking, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return butter mixture to the frying pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and keep warm while scallops cook. Toss grilled scallops in warm butter mixture and serve.
You might also like
Per Serving: 193 calories; 12.1 7.2 14.8 65 285 Full nutrition