Instant Pot® Swiss Steak
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 337
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Dry steak well with paper towels and cut into four 4-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour into a shallow bowl. Dredge steak pieces in flour, shaking off excess.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Once the pot is hot, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Brown the steak in batches, so you don't crowd the pot, 2 minutes per side. Transfer browned meat to a warm plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pot and cook onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper until onions are soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Deglaze the pot with Merlot. Mix in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and paprika. Return steak to the pot and push down into the tomato mixture.
- Close and lock the lid. Select manual pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
You might also like
Per Serving: 337 calories; 13.9 19.7 28.1 74 982 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Yes. I used beef broth in place of merlot. It turned out GREAT! I will be making this again.