Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 591
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 tacos)
- Mix canola oil, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, lime juice, salt, and black pepper for marinade together in a large bowl. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Add tilapia fillets and marinate in the mixture for 30 minutes, up to 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove fish from marinade and rub off remaining jalapenos and cilantro.
- Cook the marinated tilapia on the preheated grill until easily flaked with a fork, about 3 minutes per side.
- Mix Mexican crema and habanero hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Shred cooked fish on a plate using 2 forks.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Warm flour tortillas in the hot pan, about 20 seconds per side.
- Place a dab of habanero cream sauce on each tortilla. Place fish on top of cream sauce and add cabbage, red onion, green onions, and cilantro. Top tacos with salsa and a squeeze of lime juice.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can mix the marinade ingredients together a day in advance.
- You can use serrano peppers instead of jalapeno peppers, if preferred.
Per Serving: 591 calories; 38 48.6 18.2 49 1361 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1