Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients15 h 5 m servings 231
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 truffles)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract in a bowl and whip using an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour; refrigerate for at least 3 hours more.
- Scoop cheesecake into small balls using a melon baller or a tablespoon-sized scoop. Place on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet. Freeze cheesecake balls, 8 hours to overnight.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in shortening until consistency is smooth and easy to work with.
- Dip each cheesecake ball into chocolate to coat; replace on the cookie sheet. Garnish with sliced almonds while chocolate is still warm.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have a springform pan, it doesn't matter, as the cheesecake doesn't need to be pretty.
- You can melt the chocolate using any method that works for you.
Per Serving: 231 calories; 16.2 18 4.1 45 88 Full nutrition