Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 135
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cut ends off of butternut squash and peel with a vegetable peeler. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and strings, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Put butternut squash into a 9x13-inch roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil; toss to coat. Mix in coconut, garam masala, curry powder, salt, and pepper; toss to cover squash evenly with the spices.
- Roast in the preheated oven until butternut squash pieces pierce easily with a fork, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer roasted squash in batches to a food processor and add enough broth to cover squash. Process on low setting for 15 to 20 seconds. Repeat with remaining roasted squash. Transfer to a pot and heat until warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Reserve the seeds if you want to roast them. I wash them off, put them in an 8x8-inch pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for 15 minutes at the same time as the squash.
- The soup will keep in the fridge for at least 1 week. You can also portion the soup into storage containers and freeze individual servings.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 5.3 22.6 2.1 0 445 Full nutrition