Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 183
Original recipe yields 6 servings (12 cheese bites)
- Whisk egg and water together in a shallow dish. Stir flour, salt, and Italian seasoning together in another shallow dish. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Dip cheese sticks into egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture. Dip again into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs until coated. Place on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place frozen cheese bites in a single layer in the air fryer, working in batches if necessary, being careful not to crowd.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until golden brown and cheese just begins to melt, 4 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining bites.
- Meanwhile, stir together marinara sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Serve mozzarella bites with marinara sauce.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- To make ahead, instead of cooking in the air fryer, transfer frozen cheese bites to a freezer container and freeze up to 1 month. Remove from freezer and cook in air fryer, as directed.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 183 calories; 6.7 22.6 10.9 46 574 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1