Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 899
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 sandwiches)
- Coat an air fryer basket with cooking spray. Rinse fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder in a shallow dish. Whisk egg and water together in a second shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs and cornmeal in a third shallow dish.
- Dip each fish fillet until fully coated in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the bread crumb mixture. Spray fillets with cooking spray and place in the prepared air fryer basket in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Cook in the air fryer at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) until breaded coating is browned and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and dried chipotle pepper in a medium bowl. Add coleslaw mix and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Serve fish fillets in hoagie rolls. Top with chipotle slaw and queso fresco and serve with lime wedges.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any 4- to 6-ounce white fish fillets (cod, flounder, or tilapia) can be used for these sandwiches.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 899 calories; 34 106.1 45.3 145 1312 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1