Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 320
Original recipe yields 10 servings (10 empanadas)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together egg and water in a small bowl.
- Place an empanada disc on a work surface. Place 1 tablespoon chocolate chips in the center of dough and top with 1/2 banana. Brush edges of empanada disc with egg mixture and fold in half, firmly pinching the edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining empanada discs, bananas, and chocolate chips.
- Brush empanadas with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Place 3 to 4 empanadas in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd, in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in the air fryer until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a platter and repeat with remaining empanadas.
- Meanwhile, whip cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; whip until stiff peaks form. Top warm empanadas with cinnamon whipped cream and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Look for empanada discs at Mexican markets in the refrigerated or frozen sections.
- If Mexican vanilla is not available, you can substitute pure vanilla extract.
Per Serving: 320 calories; 15.4 44.5 5.2 49 199 Full nutrition