Chicken Bone Broth
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 129
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chicken bones onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast bones for 30 minutes.
- Gently transfer bones from the baking sheet into a large and heavy stockpot. Add onion and enough water to cover the bones by 2 inches. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, leaving enough space for steam to escape, for 4 to 5 hours. Check occasionally for froth or foam that develops on top of the water, removing it with a large spoon.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Strain broth through a fine mesh strainer into a clean pot. Let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator and use within 5 days or freeze until ready to use.
You might also like
Per Serving: 129 calories; 8.7 2.1 10 48 1214 Full nutrition