Roast Chicken with Apple, Onions, and Potatoes
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 596
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in the middle of a large roasting pan. Rub chicken with melted butter and sprinkle with dried rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange carrots, green onions, and sweet onions in the pan around chicken. Add garlic cloves, apples, potatoes, and fresh rosemary sprigs, stuffing some of the apple-vegetable-garlic mixture inside the cavity, if desired.
- Mix together apple juice, minced garlic, water, and vinegar in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting every 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If your chicken is taking longer to cook, you can cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil for the last half hour so the skin doesn't burn.
Per Serving: 596 calories; 27.1 57.6 32.7 100 215 Full nutrition