Roast Chicken with Apples, Leeks, and Rosemary
Ingredients55 m servings 296
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut leeks in half crosswise and place in a large roasting pan. Add apples, olive oil, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Season chicken with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and nestle, skin-side up, among vegetables.
- Roast in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, and apples and leeks are tender, 40 to 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- If you can't get leeks, just use your favorite onion as a substitute, though the leeks are delicious.
- Drumsticks can be used in place of chicken thighs.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 16.6 21.3 16.4 57 643 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It was really good I would probably put an extra apple in the dish just because I love apples. Very easy to put together. I would definitely make again.
I made some minor changes ....(made it for one) 1 tsp olive oil 1 leek Added 1/3 fennel bulb Roasted vegs/Apple in oil for 20 minutes. Then added 1/4 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup chicken stock...
The only additional comment I'd make is to baste the chicken periodically to brown the skin. We ate this for 3 days straight and my husband, who's picky, loved it.