Ingredients6 h servings 207
- Place chicken, water, celery, carrot, green onion, chicken bouillon, parsley, bay leaf, seasoned salt, salt, dried basil, and pepper into the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the centers, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Remove chicken, shred using 2 forks, and return to the pot. Stir in egg noodles.
- Cover and continue to cook on Low until noodles are tender, 20 to 30 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- A total of 4 cups of chicken broth can be used in place of the chicken bouillon. If you use chicken broth, reduce the amount of water in the recipe to 4 cups instead of 8 cups.
- You can alternatively cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 3.4 17.1 25.6 76 1055 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Easy and tasty, I had to sub macaroni due to being on virus lockdown... worked fine. I have lots of leftovers
I made this as written using the water. Very good soup! I love that it's homemade and has great flavors. It makes a lot of soup. I used kluski noodles to give it that perfect chicken noodle soup...
I cut the chicken into pieces at the start rather than shredding it later in the recipe. Will be making it again very soon. Great tasting recipe.
The recipe is amazing! It's so good that I volunteered to take it to a church function, and I never cook for church functions!
No changes made & YES will certainly make this dish again. Once again my family LOVED it! My daughter took some to work & gave some to her dog, who also LOVED it!!