Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 361
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Roll dough out to an 11-inch round on a lightly floured work surface. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil and parchment paper. Chill, covered, while making filling.
- Whisk white sugar and cornstarch together in a large bowl. Gently fold in berries, sprinkle with lemon juice, and stir until thoroughly coated. Sprinkle with liqueur.
- Scatter bread crumbs across center of dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Spoon berry filling onto center of dough. Scatter butter cubes on top. Working your way quickly around galette, fold outer 2 to 3 inches of dough up and slightly over filling, pleating as needed to hold in filling.
- Beat egg with cool water and kosher salt. Brush crust with egg wash and sprinkle generously with sparkling sugar. Chill galette for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Set a baking stone, baking steel, or inverted baking sheet on the center rack of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Slide baking sheet with galette onto hot stone; bake until filling is bubbling and crust is a deep golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 1 hour or more before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use this recipe for All-Butter Pie Dough.
- Thawed frozen berries will work here. I used 1 cup each cranberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Foil Hack: When you want to slide something off a rimless baking sheet after baking but don't want it to bubble over in the oven while it bakes, line the baking sheet with foil and fold up all 4 edges to contain any leaks during baking. When it's time to slide, just flatten one edge of the foil, and voilà!
- Crème de violette or Grand Marnier® can be used in place of elderflower liqueur.
Per Serving: 361 calories; 18.7 44.2 4.2 31 323 Full nutrition