Instant Pot® Pineapple Chicken (Frozen Chicken Method)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 364
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Drain pineapple chunks and pour the juice into the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)), reserving 2 tablespoons of the juice. Add soy sauce, honey, and salt; stir to combine. Place frozen chicken breasts into the pot, making sure that they are not touching.
- Close and lock the lid. Select Poultry setting according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 5 minutes, then release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Transfer chicken to a warm plate, cover, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, select Saute function on Instant Pot(R) and select high temperature. Add bell pepper and saute for 5 minutes. Mix reserved 2 tablespoons pineapple juice with cornstarch and add slowly to the pot. Stir until mixture thickens. Mix in ginger.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and add to the pot along with the pineapple chunks. Heat through and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I find that honey that is lighter in color is less sweet.
Per Serving: 364 calories; 5 36.4 42.8 113 791 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1