Air Fryer Vegan Buffalo Tofu Bites
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 35
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 tofu bites)
- Remove tofu block from the package and discard liquid. Wrap tofu in cheesecloth, place on a plate, and cover with a heavy pot until remaining liquid has been squeezed out, about 10 minutes. Remove the cheesecloth and cut tofu into 20 1-inch, bite-sized pieces. Place in a freezer-safe container and freeze, 8 hours to overnight.
- Remove tofu from freezer and thaw on paper towels or a dry cheesecloth. Pat dry.
- While tofu is thawing, put cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag. Pour rice milk into a small bowl.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place tofu into the bag with the cornstarch, seal, and shake to coat the tofu pieces completely. Remove tofu pieces and dredge each piece in rice milk.
- Place bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and pepper in the resealable plastic bag with the cornstarch residue; shake until well mixed. Place each piece of tofu, one at a time, back in the bag with the bread crumbs. Shake the bag until tofu piece is completely coated, tap gently to shake off excess, and place tofu on a wire rack while you repeat with remaining tofu pieces.
- Add coated tofu to the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes. Shake the basket to loosen the pieces. Cook for another 3 minutes or until browned.
- Place 1/3 cup buffalo sauce in a bowl, add cooked tofu bites, and toss to coat. Drizzle remaining buffalo sauce over tofu and continue tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Freezing the tofu gives it a chewy texture and is an important part of the outcome of this recipe.
Per Serving: 35 calories; 1 6.2 1.6 0 243 Full nutrition