Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Apple and Ginger
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 244
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush pumpkin flesh with olive oil. Place pumpkins face down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pumpkins are easily pierced with a fork, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, and peel away skin. Set pumpkins aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add onion and ginger and cook until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add apple and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and mix in pumpkins. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until apple is soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Season with maple syrup, white pepper, and salt.
- Add water and cream and heat until soup is hot, but not boiling. Taste and adjust seasoning.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a vegetarian soup, use vegetable broth.
Per Serving: 244 calories; 15.4 26.1 3.9 40 963 Full nutrition