Bloody Mary Burrata
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"I don't think there's a difference between a liquid salad and a cold vegetable soup, but if there is, let's consider this Bloody Mary Burrata the former. It turns out that when you swap out the vodka for a dollop of Burrata cheese, Bloody Marys make a great gazpacho. Garnish with sliced olives, more cherry tomatoes, celery, and horseradish. For a larger serving, pair it with a crusty hunk of bread as a brunch item."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 cups)
- Combine tomatoes, celery, jalapeno, and garlic in a blender. Pour in water and blend until very smooth. Pass mixture through a fine-mesh strainer and discard skins.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly; taste and adjust seasonings. Cover Bloody Mary base with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Ladle 1 cup cold Bloody Mary base into each serving bowl. Dollop 2 ounces Burrata cheese into the center. Season with black pepper and drizzle in olive oil.
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- Use 1/4 cup of any sliced hot or mild red peppers you like.
- Add some chipotle powder or paprika for a touch of smokiness.
- Substitute fresh mozzarella for the Burrata if desired.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 14.7 15.6 8.7 30 775 Full nutrition