Keto Smothered Green Beans
"These garlic-seasoned green beans are sauteed until crisp-tender, then topped with cheese and bacon for a delicious keto side dish. Use your favorite seasoning on the beans, or try a different cheese for variety. I like to shred my own cheese as I find it melts better than the bagged variety."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 240
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cook bacon in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving bacon grease in the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and add enough butter to equal 2 tablespoons of fat in the skillet.
- Add green beans to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with garlic powder, toss to coat, and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add water to help steam the beans. Continue cooking until water has evaporated and beans are crisp-tender or cooked to your liking, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Top beans with shredded Cheddar cheese and sprinkle with cooked bacon.
- Place skillet under broiler until cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 240 calories; 18.5 6 13.5 55 472 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1