Italian Pesto Pasta Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 349
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta, rinse in cold water, and return to the pot. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Combine basil, parsley, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until combined. Add toasted pine nuts and lemon juice and pulse until well combined. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup olive oil while processor is running; blend well. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta into a large mixing bowl and stir in pesto. Add 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to thin slightly and continue to mix until pasta is thoroughly coated; add more pasta water as needed. Mix tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, celery, and onion into the salad until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend together, or eat right away.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use toasted walnuts instead of pine nuts, if preferred.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 16.2 37.9 15.4 18 235 Full nutrition